Re: [ curl-Bugs-714667 ] curl -z ./local.bz2 -O ftp://remote.bz2 does not work

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 18:23:11 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 3 Apr 2003, Juergen Rose wrote:

> I attached the essential (I hope) part of curl.log to this mail. Then I
> made in the same directory:

Now I feel a bit stupid. I checked the source and then I checked the TODO and
it made it quite clear: curl doesn't currently support the -z option on FTP
downloads!

[wget output]

> ==> PORT ... done. ==> LIST ... done.

> So 'wget' behaves like I expected. So perhaps you can include this feature
> or method of time determination use by wget into curl.

Yes, but wget uses 'LIST' (as opposed to the MDFM ) and has spent years on
refining that parser. We could theoreticly use the same approach, but it is
mighty tricky code to write and get to function correctly.

I'm afraid we can't use the wget code in curl, due to license restrictions.