RE: Configure problem on HP-UX

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 20:06:23 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 6 Mar 2003, Rohit Srivastava wrote:

> I tried to compile with aCC on HP-UX, but it couldn't work out. Anyways ,
> it is not very important to get libcURL compiled with aCC (C++ Compiler
> specifically).
>
> I also tried to configure/compile libcURL with GCC, it works but with
> some changes I made.
> -----
> 1. It seems that autoconf script (configure) is broken for HP-UX 11.00 .
> -- Removed Check for function "select" function in it, and forced it
> to think that select is well present, so it doesn't exit abnormally
> without creating Makefiles. 2. Again autoconf is broken , so I changed
> manually the setting in lib/config.h . I have attached the working file.

I need a fixed configure.in so that I can generate working configure scripts.
Getting your generated blob won't help me.

Can you show us the relevant pieces of your config.log file that shows the
failed select test? Why does the test for select fail?

> So, on a whole it doesn't seems to be libcURL problem.
> If somebody needs to compile for 7.10.3 on HP-UX he can do the same :-)

I'm about to release 7.10.4 any day now. I would like to include a configure
script in it that works on HPUX 11.00 as well...

I found an old autoconf patch (only available in google's cache) that
mentions a select thing for autoconf and HP-UX fixes that might come handy:
http://216.239.53.100/search?q=cache:WqUeZL8lv68C:mail.gnu.org/pipermail/autoconf-patches/2000-July/005313.html+AC_FUNC_SELECT_ARGTYPES+hp-ux&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

There's also the AC_FUNC_SELECT_ARGTYPES macro that might be useful...

Any chance you can try out a few of these things?