Re: Cookies!!

From: David Withnall <david_withnall_at_health.qld.gov.au>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 09:04:45 +1000

I don't get what you mean. A webpage is completely independant of things like pictures.
You can save the html source of a page and it will work fine. it just wont look pretty since its missing images & style sheets etc.

If you want to get images and the like then you need to write a script which will run through the html source and pull out all the image tags etc that you want to save. then download them - which is what a webbrowser does.

Looking at the americawest.com site I can't see any reason why it wont save without saving the content. You might be missing somethings like drop down boxes and the like however as there is some linked javascript pages - but i couldn't be bothered reading the code to figure out what does what.

D.

>>> hampole_at_usc.edu 25/02/03 8:41:02 am >>>
Hi
Thaks for the help. I do have one more query!! If I issue a POST request and when I want to save the page I want to save it with the content(images,etc as well). I want to issue this from the prompt. This is becuse some sites do not save unless it is saved in full. for example americawest.com when I request some fares and save(even in a browser,i used galeon) it will not save unless the content is also saved. Any way to solve this.

I noticed that there are tools like GetLeft but they just use URL's and not POST requests
Thanks
Rahul