RE: How to download *.jpg ?

From: Roth, Kevin P. <KPRoth_at_MarathonOil.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2003 17:31:27 -0500

Usually web sites don't let you have access to the list
of files. Which means you'd have to know in advance which
ones you wanted to get.

Did you happen to try surrounding your globbed URL with
quotes (")? Like:

 curl.exe --options -O "http://foo.com/{1-9}.jpg"

Most shells won't let you use the globbing characters
without having escaped them, either in quotes or with
back-slashes...

If you can get the syntax right, this is likely your
only option using curl (it doesn't have any ability
built-in to read a directory and then download all
files, not even from FTP).

Or, use wget ;-) It was, after all, designed
specifically for getting entire folder trees worth
of files.

- Kevin

>>> andrew_j_stewart_at_mac.com 24/02/03 7:43:58 am >>>

I was wondering what the right way to do this is: curl
http://foo.com/*.jpg -O

I want to download all the .jpg files (or whatever) in a particular
directory.

I've looked around the curl.haxx.se site but can't find any reference to
this sort of task. The [a-z]-style globbing doesn't seem to work for me.