curl: (18) transfer closed with at least 2727 bytes remaining

From: Richard Chen <richard_at_doubleprime.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 09:40:33 -0500

Hi,
        I got a message when I explicitly specify not to
use keep alive:

        curl --header 'Connection: close' -i -v <url>

Since keep alive is used for multiple url transfers,
I expect that the transfer will be finished completely.
But I got the message:

curl: (18) transfer closed with at least 2727 bytes remaining

If curl knows about how much data to receive and the server
will send out those data before closing, how can the above
error occur? Is 'keep alive' always needed?

Thanks for any info.

Richard