error with -k (--insecure)

From: Roth, Kevin P. <KPRoth_at_MarathonOil.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 15:10:32 -0500

I'm using the Win32 build of curl 7.10.2, and attempting to pull up something off of https://alliance.gric.com/...

They are using what appears to be a self-generated certificate, assigned to www.gric.com, on this site.

As you can guess, curl doesn't care for it too well.

So, I tried using the -k option to turn off certificate checking. However, because curl found a "curl-ca-bundle.crt" file in my path, it seemed to ignore the -k option, and gave me error 35 back ("curl: (35) SSL: error:14090086:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate verify failed").

Was this bug fixed in 7.10.3? If not, could someone please find the problem and fix it? I'd imagine this would be pretty easy to correct...

Thanks,
- Kevin