Re: autobuilds web

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 22:07:56 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 21 Jan 2003, Andy Cedilnik wrote:

> 1. Instead of make, do make -i

I'm not sure this makes much difference. Also, is -i really portable on all
flavours of make?

> 2. Print config.h less comments (cat config.h | grep -v "^ *#"

That's a good idea, but since we already have the full configure output its
not adding a lot. It will of course be better suited for machine parsing so
this is a good thing to add.

> 3. You might want to cleanup output a bit, because otherwise you will
> quickly ran out of space (personal experiences)

$ df .
Filesystem 1k-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on
                      52426400 26869224 25557176 52% /this/place

I really don't see 50-100K per mail as a big problem yet! ;-) Also, I plan on
keeping only the last N days of logs around.

> 4. Store configure options to setup

Ok, will do that.

> Looks fine. I am running it on couple of machines here.

Nice. Do you usually get a failure on test case 29 or was that just an
occational slip?

I noticed this when I updated the /auto page, which isn't being updated
automaticly just yet.

Many thanks for your feedback!