RE: Error about chunky parser

From: Brad Settlemyer <bws_at_strongholdtech.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 12:31:36 -0500

> > Thanks for the response, here is my new error message:
> > curl: (56) Received problem 2 in the chunky parser
>
> Ah, the CHUNKE_ILLEGAL_HEX error code.
>
> libcurl didn't find a (single) hexadecimal digit where there was
> supposed to
> be (at least) one in the chunked stream.
>
> This indicates that the stream was malformated, not just ending
> prematurely.

Great, given that the server I am talking to does not send the terminating
character, how do I use curl with this server. I am actually interested in
using lib curl rather than the command line tool, so any solution there
would help as well. I tried changing the code to ignore the illegal hex
error, and I received a response size error (off by 14 bytes), which I
already ignore in some of my code. Since I don't have much knowledge on
chunky responses, I'm unsure if ignoring the error is a safe way to resolve
the problem, I'm afraid that it may not be.

Thanks for your assistance thus far, and any additional suggestions you can
provide,
Brad