Re: No password

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 17:45:39 +0100 (MET)

On Wed, 8 Jan 2003 Bryan_Kemp_at_Dell.com wrote:

> I would like to use curl to ftp a file, the user I need to use has a null
> password. I have tried using -u user: as well as -u user:"" to try and
> bypass the passwork prompt without any success. Any suggestions?

Uh... *blushing*

I'm embarrased to admit that there doesn't seem to be any way to set an
entirely blank password using -u!

I just now wrote up a patch that'll make -u user: pass a blank password,
while -u user prompts for one, see the attached file.

This'll be included in the upcoming 7.10.3 release.

Thanks for pointing this out.