Re: Help me!

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 09:35:14 +0100 (MET)

On Wed, 8 Jan 2003, [gb2312] ÐìÍòÄê wrote:

> hi: i am a chinese, my english is very poor. so there are any program
> mistake! i don't know if you can understand my means!

Please post questions like this to the curl-users mailing list. This reply is
CC'ed there.

> i want to use curl to upload or download files from some servers (for
> example HP-Unix). but i didn't see curl in Unix! So, i download a curl
> software from http://curl.haxx.se; when i put it to unix and unpack it in a
> directory, i use root login the system. i have read the file in
> http://curl.haxx.se/docs/install.html web. but when i use "./configure" to
> run intstall, a error occurs look like: "configure: "error: conditional
> "CONTENT_ENCODING" was never defined.", this is command error when run!
> I don't know how to install it! can you help me!

This is a known problem in the configure script for 7.10.2. I would suggest
that you download a 7.10.3 pre-release instead from here:
http://curl.haxx.se/beta/

...and then you either copy the configure script from that package and put
it in your 7.10.2 directory and use that, or you go with the full pre-release
(which of course has its own share of problems).

I hope this helps!