Chunked encoding

From: Steve Oliphant <steveo_at_novadigm.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2003 08:59:52 -0500

What is the status of forcing chunked encoding?

We tried to use the information in the message dated
29 Nov 2002 - How to force chunked encoding, that is:

From the referenced message:

I'm about to add a way to force an HTTP "upload" (POST/PUT/whatever) to use
chunked transfer-encoding.

This is currently made internally by adding the header "Transfer-Encoding:
chunked" and libcurl will detect that and enable a chunked transfer. So
right
now I can do this like:

        --header "Transfer-Encoding: chunked"

But, I figure the command line tool needs an easier way? Command line users
shouldn't probably need to know that much HTTP details so perhaps I should
add a

        --transfer-chunked

option or something?

Anyone with an opinion?

It appears to not work with:

curl 7.10.2 (i686-pc-cygwin) libcurl/7.10.2 OpenSSL/0.9.6h zlib/1.1.4

Is the 7.10.3 beta version necessary for this feature.

Thanks for your help.

Steve Oliphant
Novadigm