Re: Using -I to find a file size on FTP server.

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2002 16:45:05 +0100 (MET)

On Sat, 28 Dec 2002, Wayne Haigh wrote:

> Try the following :
>
> curl -I ftp://ftp.aopen.nl/pub/bios/ax45/ax45r100.zip
>
> (Anonymous etc). This should work.
>
> Now try :
>
> curl -I ftp://ftp.aopen.nl/pub/bios/ax45/ax45r100.bin
>
> (The filename doesn't exist)
>
> Curl crashes for me. I'm using Win 2K Sp3.

Thanks.

Can anyone with Windows and a debugger please try this and see *where* this
crash occurs?

Also, Wayne, can you please try adding "--trace trace.txt" to that command
line to see how much you get to that file before it goes boom (the trace
written to the file trace.txt will be of interest to us)?