Re: Curl-users digest, Vol 1 #230 - 4 msgs

From: Sanjeev <sunaditya1_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 04:02:05 -0800 (PST)

Oops! What a Quick response!
Thanks Mr. Daniel and Mr. Ralph

Ok I shifted to -c.

Yes sir! I agree with you! there can be any names for
uid and passwd.

Regarding gdb.
Sir! I'm not technical and don't know whats what in
debugging! just learnt C. And should admit, Libcurl
and its documentation is so nice for even novice
programmers! Full Credit!

I went through help of gdb. started it and used it
today for the first time.
----------------------------
gdb> file /usr/bin/curl
gdb> run -v -c cookies -d "test1user=sanjeev" -d
"test1pass=sanjeev" -d "button=Login" -L
http://web.xxx.com/yyy/create.php
this gave
...Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation
fault.
verboseconnect (conn=0x8081dd8, dns=0x0) at url.c:1639
1639 Curl_addrinfo *hostaddr=dns->addr;

----------------------------
If this is of any help for you!

Unfortunately/fortunately there is always a core dump
on my friends system but not on my system (i never saw
it). Neither i know how to enable it!
----------------------------

verboseconnect (conn=0x8081dd8, dns=0x0) at url.c:1639
1639 Curl_addrinfo *hostaddr=dns->addr;

from the above message...
i guessed it may be problem with verbose (
verboseconnect ) and took off the -v flag. And this
time THERE IS NO SEGFAULT. It exited cleanly.

But to my disappointment, the page is not submitted!
the login form is returned back to me on stdout with
curl -c cookies -d "test1user=xxx" -d "test1pass=xxx"
-d "button=Login" http://web.xxx.com/yyy/create.php

( I'm sending the login page as a seperate mail! )

if you guide me what should i do step by step for
debugging the verbosity bug in gdb, I will proceed and
will update you.

Thank you fopr your immeadiate response!

Bye
sanjeev