How to force chunked upload?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 08:22:45 +0100 (MET)

Hey

I'm about to add a way to force an HTTP "upload" (POST/PUT/whatever) to use
chunked transfer-encoding.

This is currently made internally by adding the header "Transfer-Encoding:
chunked" and libcurl will detect that and enable a chunked transfer. So right
now I can do this like:

        --header "Transfer-Encoding: chunked"

But, I figure the command line tool needs an easier way? Command line users
shouldn't probably need to know that much HTTP details so perhaps I should
add a

        --transfer-chunked

option or something?

Anyone with an opinion?