Re: Not entire file uploaded

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 18:24:21 +0100 (MET)

On Tue, 26 Nov 2002, Lars Nordgren wrote:

> I have users trying to upload files to our webserver over HTTPS but I don't
> recieve the whole file.
>
> It all works fine on IIS 4.0.

That certainly gives me the feeling that it has to do with OpenSSL, as curl
certainly works identically on whatever server version you run.

> Another client using another tool has no problems. They claim they have a
> "home made solution using Microsoft tools".

Microsoft tools in both ends work, right.

I guess it is out of the question to allow me to do some testing on this
server?

> This is the end trace of an upload of the curl README file:
>
> 4f00: to.  find out how!..  You find answers to the most frequent ques
> 4f40: tions we get in the FAQ document...  Study the LEGAL file for di
> 4f80: stribution terms and similar...  Visit the curl web site or mirr
> 4fc0: ors for the latest news:..        http://curl.haxx.se/.        h

I don't understand how you reach '4fc0' bytes on the README file alone! It's
786 (hex) bytes in my directory...?

> => Send data , 0 bytes (0x0)

Hm, so curl sent 0 bytes and then for some reason decided it was the end of
the file.

Weirdness. Does this problem always occur the same on this same file upload?
If so, could you possibly rebuild with the debug option enabled and
single-step through some code (like lib/transfer.c:Curl_readwrite) to see why
it thinks it shouldn't send off any more data?

> <= Recv data, 100 bytes (0x64)
> 0000: uppstod vid mottagning av filen. Fel: java.lang.StringIndexOutOf
> 0040: BoundsException: length must be >= 0

> == Info: SSL read error: 5== Info: Closing connection #0

Uh, the error message doesn't end with a newline.

Anyway, I checked out the SSL read error 5:

#define SSL_ERROR_SYSCALL 5 /* look at error stack/return
value/errno */

Could you put a break-point there (lib/url.c:sendf.c where that SSL read
error message is written) or a printf call or something to display the errno
variable? It might help us understand what's going on.