Re: Make Test Failures

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 08:48:02 +0100 (MET)

On Thu, 21 Nov 2002, Steve Keller wrote:

> I just downloaded and attempted to install 7.10.2, however, when I run a
> make test on it, it failes many of the tests:

Ugh!

> I read on the mailing list archive about a problem in 7.10.1 with stunnel.
> Is this the same problem? Something else?

I don't think there were any problems left with stunnel. I do know that there
are two test cases that usually fail for me as well, but that's because some
lameness in the test system that make them fail when run after the previous
test case as they always run fine when run stand-alone.

> Do you need more information from me?

Which OS do you run? Which stunnel version do you have installed? Can you use
curl even though it failed this much?

Also, if you 'cd tests' and run the failing tests one by one it will help us
to sort out what fails and what to do about it. Run them like this:

 ./runtests [num]

The script also takes additional options to show even more information, so to
show the highest level of verbosity and to leave the temporary files in log/
when done, run it like:

 ./runtests -d -v -k [num]