static compile and zlib

From: Federico Gonzalez Fuentes <gonzalez_at_iph-hannover.de>
Date: 13 Nov 2002 15:36:30 +0100

Hallo

I need some help! I need to compile static curl (in linux)

I use:
./configure --disable-shared
and
./configure --enable-static
and
./configure --enable-static --disable-shared

anyway, there are two libraries (zlib und libssl) that I can not avoid
to be shared. It is possible to link them statically to th binary?

I use ./configure --disable-shared --without-ssl --without-zlib and that
works, but the point is that i would like to have zlib and libssl in my
binary (static linked).

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR cURL!!

Thanks for the help!

and sorry for my both poor english and programming knowledge

fede