Re: HPUX compile problems

From: Jim Thome <jthome_at_fcgov.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2002 09:02:34 -0700

I should add that I have built curl on another HPUX 11.00 server which is a single processor, 32 bit PA-RISC server, without an SSL library. The server that I cannot build it on is a 64 bit PA-RISC, dual processor server, with openssl installed. I don't know if any of these things matter or not.

How do I include (and what is) the right file?

--
Jim
On Thu, 7 Nov 2002, Jim Thome wrote:
> I have been unable to build curl 7.10.1 on our HPUX 11.00 system.
> Configure completes without errors, but make fails. At the end of this
> message is the tail end of make; I can attach my config.log file if need be
> (it's ~50K).
>
> Does anyone know how to fix this?
The weird thing here is that lots of people have built curl on HPUX 11.00
before, and the code that fails to compile for you hasn't been modified in
ages...
> if2ip.c: In function `Curl_if2ip':
> if2ip.c:94: storage size of `req' isn't known
> if2ip.c:101: sizeof applied to an incomplete type
This is the "struct ifreq", so we apparently don't include the correct
include file for this.