Different behavior between win32 and linux versions

From: Carl Youngblood <carl_at_youngbloods.org>
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 20:19:58 -0700

I'm having a strange problem. I'm writing a web app that will log into my
online banking account for me and extract some information. The back end
uses curl to do the web access. On Windows XP, using the following version
settings:

curl 7.9.8 (win32) libcurl 7.9.8 (OpenSSL 0.9.6b)

everything works as expected. But on mandrake linux with the latest curl
version:

curl 7.10.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu) libcurl/7.10.1 OpenSSL/0.9.6c zlib/1.1.3

it doesn't work. To be more specific, it kind of works. That is, on linux
it logs in okay, but when I try to follow a link, I get a normal 200
response but the server actually sends me a page that says the following
instead of what I'm supposed to get:

  An error has occurred that may have prevented the submission of your data.
  Please return to the previous page by hitting the

I've verified that in both cases the same exact command-line parameters are
being used. The only thing I have yet to do is to monitor the transmissions
with an https sniffer to see what the linux version is doing differently.

If anyone has any information that could help me isolate this problem,
please let me know. For what it's worth, my bank's web server is running
Netscape-Enterprise/4.1.

Thanks,
Carl Youngblood