newbie--problem with POST

From: Jeff Alperin <jalperin_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 03:01:21 -0800 (PST)

I'm trying to automate the submission of a form and having problems. Here's how the process works with a browser: Log into site with username and password. Once logged in, click link to select appropriate page. Click Submit button on form.

The html for the form looks something like this:

<form action="?sp-id=0011da71-sp10024a7&sp-efn=full&sp-fn=index" method=POST>
</form>

When I use a browser the url for the page looks like this:

https://center.atomz.com/center/search/index/?sp-efn=full&sp-id=0011da71-sp10024a7

So, this is the curl command I used:

curl -d "sp-id=0011da71-sp10024a7&sp-efn=full" -o "ja_curl.html" -u "myusername:mypassword" "https://center.atomz.com/center/search/index/?"

The problem is that the resulting page is always "Page not found: The requested URL /center/search/index/ was not found on this server."

Interestingly, if I leave the -u "myusername:mypassword" off, it does pull a page from the server, but it's a page requesting me to log in.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? Thanks.

--Jeff