RE: Beaten by cahoot.com

From: Roth, Kevin P. <KPRoth_at_MarathonOil.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 11:35:45 -0400

It appears you need to do the following first:

$ curl -vi -c cahoot.cookie https://ibank.cahoot.com/Aquarius/web/en/core_banking/log_in/frameset_top_log_in.html

This establishes the "Apache" cookie. Notice that I didn't use "-b cahoot.cookie"; thus the cookie parser gets initialized with no cookies, and at the end of the request it writes out all cookies from memory into the cookie file, overwriting any previous cookies (session or otherwise).

THEN, you can request your login page:

$ curl -vi -b cahoot.cookie -c cahoot.cookie https://ibank.cahoot.com/servlet/com.aquarius.security.authentication.servlet.LoginEntryServlet --referer https://ibank.cahoot.com/Aquarius/web/en/core_banking/log_in/frameset_top_log_in.html

This sends the Apache cookie up to the server, and gets a "sesessionid" cookie back along with the login page. I added "--referer", but I don't know if this server actually requires it. Better safe than sorry.

Then, you should be able to submit your login info, and continue on.

Since the browser makes the requests in this order (visits the "frameset_top_log_in" page first), I figured it's worth a try in curl, and it appears to work fine.

Welcome to the wonderful world of HTTP ;-) You really have to get down and dirty with the protocol details to get things right from a scripting point of view...

--Kevin