ssl binary D/L with no headers duplicates the first 8192 bytes

From: Roth, Kevin P. <KPRoth_at_MarathonOil.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 16:11:51 -0400

One new "feature" in 7.10 is the ability to download files from an HTTPS server which doesn't return any HTTP headers in its response.

After working with Daniel to identify and fix the problem, I thought it was working OK. But I've discovered that the first 8192 (0x2000) bytes are getting written out twice in a row into the output file. E.g.:

1st 8192 bytes
1st 8291 bytes (again)
2nd 8291 bytes
3rd 8291 bytes

The entire file in one reproducible case is 165 Kbytes (165,479 bytes).

Both the win32 native build and the cygwin build exhibit the same problem. I've also tried a cygwin build of 7.10.1 with no better luck.

Since I don't understand all that code well enough to attempt to find the problem, could someone else take a peek? I tried extending test case 306 to use more than 8192 bytes of data, but wasn't able to duplicate the problem that way. I suspect it either has something to do with binary data, or the 9100 bytes I tested with isn't quite enough.

Thanks,
~ Kevin