seg fault with config file in DOS mode, and an extra newline

From: Roth, Kevin P. <KPRoth_at_MarathonOil.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 13:08:32 -0400

I can easily reproduce the following segmentation fault in the cygwin version of curl (7.10). Could someone see whether it's reproducible on a unix or linux platform also? If so, I'm gonna let Daniel track it down. If not, I'll look into it sometime soon.

Step 1: create the following file (just what's BETWEEN the START/END lines):

---START of test.txt---
-i

--url http://curl.haxx.se/

Step 2: convert to a file with DOS line endings:

$ u2d test.txt

Step 3: run curl with this as the config file:

$ curl -K test.txt

I get a segmentation fault... But if I remove the extra line between -i and --url, the problem goes away...

--Kevin