Re: Problem with ./ in redirect

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 14:31:54 +0200 (MET DST)

On Wed, 9 Oct 2002 rmitchell_at_eds.com wrote:

> On the other hand, the patched 7.10 isn't working against a different
> server, which is why it took me awhile to reply. Oddly enough, the server
> that *isn't* working properly with 7.10 is an IIS4.0 box, and it's barfing
> on a dotslash url. It's odd because that same url & server worked just
> fine with 7.9.8.

(as quoted from a golden old Monthy Python episode) "My head hurts"

So this server *expects* the ./ prefix to remain present after a Location? Or
perhaps does curl treat it wrongly? Can you show us the original URL, the
Location: line and the followed-to URL? (For both tests, both the working
7.9.8 one and the non-working 7.10-dotslash-patched).

> This strengthens my impression that the problem isn't really curl's, but
> rather that something changed in the way IIS handles a dotslash url.
> Probably the "IIS lockdown tool" that Kevin referred to.

But that would trigger on the presence of "../", and with the dotslash patch
applied there should be no such strings present in the URL that curl sends
after a Location:.