RE: use of $prefix/share instead of $datadir for ca path

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 16:25:12 +0200 (MET DST)

On Thu, 3 Oct 2002, Roth, Kevin P. wrote:

> If datadir='${prefix}/share' by default, then shouldn't it be:
>
> + ca="$datadir/curl/curl-ca-bundle.crt"

Believe me I wanted it to work that way, but it doesn't. Notice the single
quotes around the '${prefix}/share'. $datadir will contain the actual string,
not the string with variable replacements. Using that variable to put in a C
header file the way we do, doesn't work. It would only work if we used it in
a shell script or something.

That is, none of these solutions work. I really do find autoconf fiddling
mildly annoying, and this was the best I could do. Feel free to improve!