Re: ftp uploading

From: Bradley Dean <bjdean_at_unimelb.edu.au>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 23:09:24 +1000

On Tue, Sep 03, 2002 at 11:28:42PM -0400, Antonio Inojal wrote:
> Thanks Bradley for answering my last question.
>
> I have been looking at the man page of cURL and so far have found only
> scant information on uploading files via cURL. What I am trying to do is
> to send a file, to a specific location within a server. So far what I
> have found to be most closely related to uploading is -d/--data <data>.
> Is this correct?
Not really the way to go (though it rather depends on the protocol you're
wanting to use to do the upload).

If you're uploading via a HTTP (ie as a multipart form) have a look at
-F/--form (have a look at -T/--upload-file for ftp uploading, or in fact
look at the bottom of the curl --manual output for lots of uploading and
general curl usage info)

Cheerio,

 Brad

--
Melbourne University ITSAD SDI (CWIS Group) - Web Applications Developer
Email: bjdean_at_unimelb.edu.au   Ext: 43997