Re: Re: http post?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 18:30:15 +0200 (MET DST)

On Mon, 26 Aug 2002 wespe_at_freesurf.ch wrote:

> i tried your suggestion and send the request to
> http://www.weisseseiten.ch/application/visualization/start_result-tr.asp
>
> but got this answer:

> HREF="/default.asp">here<
> /a>.</body>
>
> what went wrong?

Yes, since I am a professional mind-reader I know not only exactly what
command line you used but I also know exactly how the server-end software
works and thus I can tell you:

        You didn't pass on the information the server wanted.

If you want a better answer, I think you should start digging where you
stand. What does your browser send to the server when you do this using one?
Save the whole HTML page, replace method=POST with method=GET and post the
form to get a quick and easy look.

Then, if this still doesn't work. Try user-agent tricks, referer tricks,
enabling cookies, checking the returned headers and try, try and try. When
that doesn't work, you keep on tweaking things and try again.

And if you haven't read The Art Of Scripting HTTP Request Using Curl yet, I
suggest you do that before you ask any further questions:
http://curl.haxx.se/docs/httpscripting.html

Good luck!