Re: build problems on solaris...

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 14:57:32 +0200 (MET DST)

On Thu, 22 Aug 2002 imajes_at_php.net wrote:

> > Sorry but your fix is completely incorrect. This has been an ongoing
> > problem as Solaris takes on more GNU based software into the core
> > install.
>
> A good pseudo fix would be to libtool, in the top of the curl directory:
>
> GLD=`which gld`;
>
> if [ -n $GLD ]; then
> LD=$GLD;
> else
> LD=/usr/ccs/bin/ld;
> fi;

Isn't it in that case easier to do just this:

  $ env LD=`which gld` ./configure

Or doesn't that work?

Anyway, I know both of you said the fix I made isn't what you did to make it
work, but I'm still curious to why my fix doesn't work or what happens when
you try to link with my version of the makefile?

Someone else (can't remember who right now) previously posted that he made it
work with a fix similar to mine, and thus it would be good to know for sure
if it works out that way or not.