Re: AQ question about cURL

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 20:04:17 +0200 (MET DST)

On Mon, 19 Aug 2002, Sultanti, David wrote:

[reply cc'ed to the curl-users mailing list, please take any follow-ups
there]

> I want to use cURL to transfer files from location A (machine 1), to
> location B (machine 2) but run from location C (machine 3). Can I use cURL
> to do this?

No, curl has not been written to enable this. FTP in fact allows this kind of
operation (and HTTP doesn't), but I think many servers deny any second
connects not being to or from the first host these days due to freuqent
abuse/security reasons.