torture time!

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 16:10:58 +0200 (MET DST)

I just put a couple of 7.9.9-pre1 packages on the curl site, get it from
http://curl.haxx.se/beta/

It's been almost two months since the previous release and I can offer quite
a few bugfixes and a selection of new features. I am very interested in
getting to know if anyone finds any problems with this.

I expect to keep on working on the full release for a little while more. I'm
not only under quite some work load at the moment, but there's also a long
list of open bug reports right now and I *am* grateful for all kinds of help
and assistance from you my friends!

This release includes the following changes:

 o CURLOPT_NOSIGNAL was added for multi-threaded programs to use
 o --limit-rate is now supported
 o CURLOPT_BUFFERSIZE sets a desired read buffer size
 o The FTP PORT command uses a better default IP address

This release includes the following bugfixes:

 o *multi_perform() now returns control properly when waiting for connect
 o curl_formadd man page was corrected
 o curl_escape() and curl_unescape() no longer deals with '+'
 o improved performance on persistent transfers on windows
 o no longer closes ftp connections unncessarily often
 o -N works again
 o the windows DLL now builds with the multi interface enabled
 o the internal password promp now uses stderr instead of stdout
 o minor cookie parsing when no space came after the header colon
 o better #ifdef conditions in the global curl header files
 o the curl tool didn't allow POST of zero contents
 o literal RFC2732-style IPv6 addresses didn't work

BTW, don't let the version number fool you into thinking that there's a
version 8 just around the corner. I expect to have a 7.9.10 or possibly 7.10
release following the upcoming 7.9.9...