Re: curl installation on Solaris 5.7

From: <rmitchell_at_eds.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 01:44:03 -0500

./configure compiles and runs a number of small C programs that it writes on-the-fly in order to discover if
certain things are available on your system. This may be why you get 'make: not found' and configure is
certainly checking your path for ld, which is why 'no acceptable ld found in $PATH'.

I don't have a system with SUNWspro handy, but I'd be very surprised if ld wasn't in the SUNWspro
installation directory.

So, does your $PATH contain /opt/SUNWspro/bin? If not, do this:

    PATH=$PATH:/opt/SUNWspro/bin
    export PATH

and try the ./configure again.

Ralph Mitchell