Re: http post without headers

From: <rmitchell_at_eds.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 03:23:38 -0500

You need to know exactly what headers are being sent. Once you know that, you
can cancel each header with the --header option to curl:

from the curl manpage:
    -H/--header <header>
        ...snip... Replacing an internal header with one without content on
        the right side of the colon will prevent that header from appearing.

So, to cancel the "Host:" header, add this option:

    -H "Host:"

and so on. Can't really get more specific than that, because your milage may
vary. For instance, the proxy I have to use at work inserts "Via:" and
"X-Forwarded-For:" headers, and you probably don't have to worry about those.

Actually, I probably couldn't cancel the "Via" and "X-Forwarded-For:" headers
anyway, because the proxy inserts them *after* curl sends the request... If
you've got anything like that between you and the server/servlet, you may be
dead in the water...

Ralph Mitchell