[ curl-Bugs-583121 ] Keeps asking for unnecessary passwords.

From: <noreply_at_sourceforge.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 15:51:24 -0700

Bugs item #583121, was opened at 2002-07-17 15:51
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100976&aid=583121&group_id=976

Category: libcurl
Group: bad behaviour

Initial Comment:
Version: curl 7.9.8 (i386-pc-linux-gnu) libcurl 7.9.8
(OpenSSL 0.9.6d) (ipv6 enabled)
OS: Linux 2.4.18, Debian Unstable

I have a program that's using libcurl to index web
sites for a search engine. I initialize with the
following code (shortened as much as I could):

curl_global_init(CURL_GLOBAL_ALL);
curl= curl_easy_init();

curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_CONNECTTIMEOUT, 30);
curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_TIMEOUT, 30);
curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION, 1);
curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_MAXREDIRS, 10);
curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_FILETIME, 1);
curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_NOPROGRESS, 1);
curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_WRITEFUNCTION,
write_to_memory);
curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_HEADERFUNCTION,
write_header_to_memory);
/* This one is especially relevant */
curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_PASSWDFUNCTION, NULL);

For each URL in my list, I then do

curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_URL, url);
curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_FILE, (void *)&file_info);
curl_easy_perform(curl);

Notice that I turned off prompting for passwords in the
initialization. However, after doing a few URLs
(possibly a lot
of URLs), I start to get a password prompt, sometimes
several times while reading the file. For each
following file, I continue to get the password prompt
one or more times while curl is reading the file.

(albro_at_NOSPAM.humnet.ucla.edu)