Download a file where login data must be passed

From: Jay Blanchard <jay.blanchard_at_niicommunications.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 12:13:59 -0500

I have tried both of the following and neither retrieve the actual zip file.
I do get back the HTML error file contained in a file of the same name as
the requested zip file, which I can then cat and see the HTML.

Any suggestions, am I missing something?

curl -O https://theserver/Download/2002061904.zip -d
"custName=cust&name=name&password=pass&submit=submit"

curl -d "custName=cust&name=name&password=pass&submit=submit" -O
https://theserver/Download/2002061904.zip

Thanks!

Jay