Re: socklen_t error

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2002 23:10:23 +0200 (MET DST)

On Fri, 21 Jun 2002, Dave Choe wrote:

> Unpacked curl-7.9.8.
>
> After typing
> % ./configure --with-ssl
>
> the error occurs here:
>
> checking for socklen_t... no
> checking for socklen_t equivalent... configure: error: Cannot find a
> type to use in place of socklen_t
>
> The config log is here:
>
> http://www.weezl.tk/

Since this seems to be a rather plain and simple Linux 2.4.16, I really
cannot understand how you get this error.

Given all the errors in your config.log, this looks like you have some
problems with your include files. All the warnings in sys/types.h and
sys/select.h give that impression to me.

One way to get around these problems would of course be to install a binary
package, like a Debian or an RPM package.