bandwidth limiting feature

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2002 22:56:26 +0200 (MET DST)

I've just made my local copy capable of this little feature, sometimes
requested by people on a tight pipe.

I copied the option's name and things from wget:

  --limit-rate <rate>

Where <rate> is number of bytes allowed to transfer per second. The rate can
also be written with one of the known suffixes: G, M and K. So that you can
write it 100K or 2M, as shortcuts for 102400 and 2097152...

Would there be any point in making a separate option for upload vs download?

(This required no libcurl change at all, but I added one anyway to make it
get better resolution for downloads.)

August 25-28 in Las Vegas - http://devcon.sprintpcs.com/adp/index.cfm?source=osdntextlink