Problem with -w option [curl 7.9.6 (win32) libcurl 7.9.6 (OpenSSL 0.9.6c)]

Date: Sat, 4 May 2002 18:27:40 -0400

Whatever text I put after --w displays but the variables never get
substituted.

I have tried double %'s, single %'s, with "", without "", with (),
without (), and several other variations and I can't get the variables
to show. I have also tried using a config file. It always come back
with straight text.

================================

For example:

   curl -O -s -w \t%%(url_effective) www.anywhere.com/file.zip

gets the file and returns

   %(url_effective)

===============================

I also tried:

   curl -O -w %(url_effective) www.anywhere.com/file.zip

   curl -O -w %%(url_effective) www.anywhere.com/file.zip

   curl -O -w "%%(url_effective)" www.anywhere.com/file.zip

   curl -O -w "%(url_effective)" www.anywhere.com/file.zip

.and several other options, in scripts, from the command line and in
config files.

Each time I get the exact text after -w back but no variable
substitution occurs.

Has anyone got this working correctly with a compiled Win32 binary?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

John D. Zanette
jzanette_at_akamail.com

the hardware. You get the recognition. Email Us: bandwidth_at_sourceforge.net