Re: FTP Upload therough HTTP Proxy Problem

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 13:55:41 +0200 (MET DST)

On Tue, 30 Apr 2002, Joaquin de Valenzuela wrote:

> I have a customer who is using cURL in a Solaris 8 (SPARC) Platform to
> upload files through an HTTP proxy
>
> Now he has tried to use this functionality with very big files (>10 MBytes
> even >100 MBytes Files) and it doesn't work. It looks as a Bug

"it doesn't work" is a rather vague statement. We can't possibly tell you
whether you're right or not without facts.

> - Do you know any workaround?

For what? For the not working?

This is not a known problem. You didn't even say which version of curl you
were using, which command line you used, how curl failed, what the receiving
end thought, what the proxy did... etc etc.

> - Is there any release that can ddeal with huge files (FTP Upload through
> HTTP Proxys)

FTP upload? Can you upload small files using this method? Are you truly using
FTP upload through this http proxy (using proxytunnel)?

Can you please show us a resonably edited protocol dump made with -v?

> Please reply me direcly, I'm not in this alias.

Believe me, I want this to work. But in order for me or for anyone else to be
able to help you, we need you to give us lots of more information.

I advice you to read this: http://curl.haxx.se/docs/bugs.html