Re: cURL usage dilemma

From: Bradley Dean <bjdean_at_unimelb.edu.au>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 14:14:48 +1000

On Tue, Apr 30, 2002 at 12:28:16PM +1000, David Withnall wrote:
> I'm trying to use cURL to connect to a https server to upload form data
> for work. I've managed to get it to connect to the server, however when
> you try to connect directly to the page with the form on it you get
> redirected to the front page. This happens in both cURL & IE/Netscape.
> The difference being that when you try to go directly to the page with
> the form on it a second time in IE/Netscape you end up there with the
> form staring you in the face, I have not managed to get cURL to do this
> however.

Sounds a bit odd - to get more information about what's going on - try
these options:
 -i/--include : Includes the HTTP header information
 -v/--verbose : Includes information about infromation sent to the web
                server by curl (prefixes with a '>')

They'll help you diagnose exactly what you're getting from/sending to the
server.

It doesn't sound like you've got an HTTP redirect happening there, you may
want to try using the -L/--location which will cause cURL to follow HTTP
redirects.

(curl --manual is your friend... :)

Cheerio,

 Brad

--
Melbourne University ITSAD SDI (CWIS Group) - Web Applications Developer
Email: bjdean_at_unimelb.edu.au   Ext: 43997