Re: --interface option doesn't work?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2002 17:17:00 +0200 (MET DST)

On Fri, 19 Apr 2002, thor wrote:

> Machine's IP is xxx.2.61.66 and has fifteen virtual hosts with "legal" IPs
> from eth0:1 to eth0:15. So I try to fetch a page from a web server, like
> this:
>
> curl --interface eth0:1 http://some.url
>
> But in apache's logs, there's always "main" machine IP (eth0) logged. Even
> tried with --interface SOME_LOCAL_IP ... but nothing.. All virtual hosts
> are working normally, otherwise. What's wrong?

Please include 'curl -V' output when reporting bugs.

In this case, I guess that you run an IPv6 enabled curl. It turns out that we
only support --interface for non-IPv6 enabled versions for some odd reason I
can't explain... I think it has something to do with that some of the
functions we use don't work for IPv6 addresses, but that should then be a
run-time choice, not a build-time one as it is now.

This needs to be addressed with patch. I might be able to look into this
during the upcoming or the following week. If someone else does it before
that, I'm grateful for all assistance!

Thanks for your report!