Problem with -w variable substitution (Curl 7.9.5 win32)

From: John D. Zanette <jzanette_at_jwc-online.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 09:54:23 -0400

I am having trouble using the write-out feature of curl. I am using the
Win32 binaries under Windows 2000 Advanced Server SP2. I have also tried
this in W2K Pro SP2 and NT v4 Server SP6a+ with the same results.

Whatever text I put after --w displays but the variables never get
substituted.

I have tried double %'s, single %'s, with "", without "", with (), without
(), and several other variations and I can't get the variables to show. I
have also tried using a config file. It always come back with straight
text.

For example:

curl -O -s -w \t%%(url_effective) www.anywhere.com/file.zip
<www.anywhere.com/file.zip> gets the file and returns