Re: FTP upload problem

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2002 10:57:26 +0200 (MET DST)

On Mon, 8 Apr 2002, Leut wrote:

> Well I tried this pre-release and got the same thing. Than I installed this
> WarFTPd server to test it with curl and it works fine. I think there is a
> problem with my customer's firewall. After curl sends PASV command to the
> server connection is lost. I gives up.

Yes, it seems likely that this happens because the port is closed by the
firewall and it isn't tracking the FTP session, so then it won't open the
correct port for curl to connect to when the PASV has been issued.

You can try to use PORT instead of PASV to work around this problem. Use "-P
-". (Unless you use curl from a similarly firewalled machine in which case
you'll get the same problem, only reversed.)

Good luck!