Re: why sometimes I get Error code 52 with the same script?

From: Juan <juan_at_oztell.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2002 09:45:56 +1000

  Hi! Thanks a lot for you reply.

I'm using curl version 7.9.5 and the operating system is Linux. I'm
running curl from one linux server where my php file resides and the
imap server is configed on another linux server in the same LAN.

I tried -vi and I got the following error message:
    * Connected to mirror.oz.com (203.31.31.49) port 80
> POST /functions/preprocess.php HTTP/1.1
   Connection #0 left intact
   curl: (52) Empty reply from Server
   * Closing connection #0

I can't force it to happen. It just sometimes works and sometimes fails.
In my PHP file, I check whether there is new mail in my mailbox, if
there is, then I do some email filter stuff which interacts a lot with
IMAP server. If there is NO new mail in my mailbox, that is to say the
email filter part is not executed, curl always works. When there is new
mail in my mailbox, sometimes curl fails with error code 52 and
sometimes it succeeds.

However I tried to run the same script from another Linux server with
curl version 7.9.2 and so far it works fine. I somehow feel V7.9.2 works
slower than V7.9.5. I doubt it has sth to do with network speed or
network connection. But I just can't get the solution. I can't be
certain if there's any potential problem if I use curl 7.9.2?

Thank you for your time and help. I'd really appreciate any idea from you.