[ curl-Bugs-536238 ] ftp coredumps on AIX 4.3.3

From: <noreply_at_sourceforge.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 05:22:11 -0800

Bugs item #536238, was opened at 2002-03-28 05:22
You can respond by visiting:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100976&aid=536238&group_id=976

Category: ftp
Group: crash

Initial Comment:
To whom it may concern,

I just compiled libcurl on AIX 4.3.3
and trying ftp-get in verbose mode
I get a segmentation violation.

The two relevant lines in my code are the following:
  curl_easy_setopt(pcurl, CURLOPT_VERBOSE);
  curl_easy_setopt(pcurl, CURLOPT_URL,
"ftp://tcsaix/.profile");

The error occurs with both the gcc and xlc Compiler.
I am using AIX 4.3.3 and
Libcurl Version 7.9.5 from 7 March 2002

I could fix the problem by setting the pointer answer
to NULL also if the call to gethostbyaddr_r succeeds.

I also added a cast to get rid of the compiler warning.

You can see my exact changes from the appended
diff file which was made relativ to the actual
version 1.134 from ftp.c

Best regards from munich, germany
Gerhard Herre