RE: Cookies and VMS

From: Nico Baggus <nico_baggus_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2002 21:22:04 +0100

> > I just downloaded curl v7.9.5 for vms and am having some
> trouble with
> > cookies and the "-D" option. Curl can't seem to create the cookie.
>
> -D stores headers to the given file. Are you saying that you
> don't get a file
> created when you use -D?
>
> > I've tried creating the file in advance and giving it world write
> > permission to no avail. I'm running the following command
> on OpenVMS
> > V7.2-1:
>
> It might have to do with something VMS specific. I'm not very
> good at those
> details. VMS is a bit different.
>
> Nico, any ideas?

Yep, VMS C runtime libary has the anoying habit of lowercasing anything
on the commandline....

> > curl -L -D cookies.txt -d sysadmin_at_infoave.net -d action=login
> > https://www.site.com

Therefore this is read as: curl -l -d cookies.txt -d sysadmin_at_infoave.net -d
action=login....

There is a rescue though (This is documented with the CC compiler &
libraries... ;-)
use " around the options like:

curl "-L" "-D" cookies.txt -d ......

or use the long options -- variants.

curl --location --dump-header cookies.txt ....., be carefull though
VMS on VAX has a line length limit of 255 bytes using lib$spawn etc from
commands
VMS ALPHA has 1024, and the expanded commandline using symbols is around 980
(1024 minus
the parts allready used until now (line to start with)) on VAX and 2048 on
ALPHA.

I hope this helped.

Regards,
Nico Baggus