cURL problems

From: Mckinney, Ryan AG2 <mckinneyr_at_nemoc.navy.mil>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 14:21:47 +0100

ALCON
        I am using cURL 7.9.4 with libcurl 7.9.4 (OpenSSL 0.9.6c). The
machine is a LINUX with Red Hat 6.2. Has dual processors (don't know the
speed but its not slow). Here is an example of the way I am using cURL.
curl -O -s -u XXXX:XXXX https://natowx.sembach.af.mil/somegifimage.gif.
I run a bunch of them under /bin/sh shell on a cronjob.
the problem i am running into is that when i use top command, i notice a
bunch of curls running and doing nothing.
so is there a way to have cURL disconnect after grabbing the products I
want? also when ever cURL is ran, my cpu usage goes to about 95-98% usage?
any sugguestions?

Ryan N McKinney