Re: CPU usage and hangups

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 13:21:48 +0100 (MET)

On Mon, 25 Mar 2002, Mckinney, Ryan AG2 wrote:

[ This reply is CC'ed to the curl-users mailing list, please post follow-ups
there. ]

> First of all your program is great.

Thanks!

> Second, when ever I use cURL, my CPU usage goes to about 95-98%. why does
> it need to use about all of my computer's power?

It shouldn't need that (unless you have a truly slow computer with fast
network access ;-)). What curl version on what operating system is this?
What do you do to make this happen?

> And also cURL gets hung up a lot. Sometimes when i use the "top" command, I
> find a bunch of cURL processes that have been running for a while doing
> nothing.

Again, what command lines do you use? curl has no default options that make
it disconnect after a certain period of idleness, it'll try forever until the
TCP connection is disconnected.