Re: ftp upload and directory creation

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 17:12:38 +0100 (MET)

On Fri, 22 Mar 2002, Peter Verhas wrote:

> I am writing the test programs for the CURL ScriptBasic interface and I got
> stucked. One of the test programs I want to write uploads recursively all
> the files to an ftp server. But it stops with error when it UPLOADs to a
> URL, that refers to a nonexisting directory.

Right, that makes sense.

> How can I make a directory on the remote server?
>
> I assume that I need some FTP QUOT command and thus

Correct assumption.

> curl::option CURL,"QUOTE","something comes here"
>
> is needed, but I could not find it anywhere. (I used google to search.)
> Could you save me some time and tell, how this has to be done?

The option name is CURLOPT_QUOTE, it is in the curl_easy_setopt man page as
the other options...

I've also tried to elaborate on its use in the libcurl-the-guide document in
the "Customizing Operations" section.

> P.S.: I copy here the program, though there is no publicly available
> intrerpreter yet to execute it. [ the password is not real ]

Your program doesn't seem to take advantage of persistent connections. It
mightt just run an awfully lot faster if you re-use the handle for all
transfers.

I might of course be mistaking.