Re: your mail

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 08:06:22 +0100 (MET)

On Mon, 18 Feb 2002, Ashraf Moawad wrote:

(I CC my reply to the curl mailing list to share this with more people.)

> I asked my web hosting provider to add cURL support to my account and this
> is the feedback I got
>
> When our customers come to us with extra libraries we will review the
> library for technical issues and most of the time install them.
>
> However after reviewing the library you are requesting, this library is
> to big of a security risk for our servers as it opens up unsure telnet
> and other access methods directly to our servers. We would not be able
> to install this library on your account.

Let me first just say something regarding your admins' statement.

I find this statement hilarious. "it opens up unsure telnet and other access
methods directly to our servers"? I don't think these guys spent very many
minutes on their review of curl.

> So I appreciate if you can point me web hosting providers who are currently
> supporting cURL.

More and more people are asking me this, and I can only point to the tiny
list that I have: http://curl.haxx.se/support.html

If you who read this run a company, works for a company or know a company
that would fit into this list. Please mail curl-web_at_haxx.se with all the
details and we'll make the list bigger.

Good luck!