SSL cert bug in 7.9.3 (was Re: next debian release...)

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 00:48:16 +0100 (MET)

On Mon, 18 Feb 2002, Domenico Andreoli wrote:

> anyway i have a bug in curl i would be sorry to ship with, it is #134497
> (http://bugs.debian.org/134497) which regards problems with using
> client-side certificate.
>
> any hint to try a backport of the fix (if any)?

This hasn't been fixed, as we haven't seen this before! I suspect it might
have to do with the new CURLOPT order in the cert department coming with the
7.9.3 code.

For the rest, this is what the Debian bug report #134497 says:

  Trying to fetch a URL that requires a client-side certificate fails,
  even when using an appropriate certificate. I've noticed this behaviour
  in my own programs that use libcurl, but it can be reproduced using the
  "curl" program, with the following syntax:

  curl --cert ~/certificate.pem:password https://site.com/page

  Both my own programs (written in C++ and PHP) and the "curl" program
  previously worked using this syntax (I'm not sure which version of
  libcurl2-ssl this was with though).

Can anyone confirm that they are either using 7.9.[34] with certificates
successfully, OR unsuccessfully?